MET-Rx CLA Tonalin 1000 is a dietary supplement developed for weight management, toning and to support body shaping goals.
More specifically, MET-Rx, the manufacturer of this diet pill product, says that Tonalin 1000 was “designed for elite athletes, bodybuilders and anyone striving to get into peak condition.”
One Active Ingredient
When this MET-RX CLA Tonalin 1000 review was written, there was only one active ingredient in the formula: Tonalin CLA (from Safflower Oil), which contained 78-84% Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA). There was 1000 mg of this ingredient per 1 softgel serving.
CLA is a popular OTC (over the counter) weight loss diet pill ingredient as well as a popular ingredient for body building and fitness supplements. It is commonly believed to work by modulating oxidative enzyme activity and energy metabolism. In other words, it may help to lower body fat deposits and boost immune function.
There have been some studies conducted on humans involving CLA and its effects on obesity. Some studies suggest that taking CLA by mouth daily may help to lower body fat in adults. It may also lower feelings of hunger, however, it is not known if this results in lowered food intake.
That being said, conjugated linolenic acid does not seem to decrease BMI (body mass index) or prevent weight gain.
Additionally, one study notes that there has been little clinical research that has analyzed the effects of CLA on its own or in combination with physical exercise in humans. As such, clinical evidence regarding the efficacy of CLA’s ability to change body composition and other benefits remains insufficient.
MET-Rx CLA Tonalin 1000 Side Effects
It should be noted that even though there is only one active ingredient and that there are no stimulants in MET-Rx CLA Tonalin 1000, this does not mean that this product is safe to take for everyone or that it is without unwanted side effects.
Possible side effects associated with CLA include (but are not necessarily limited to):
- Upset stomach
- Increased risk of bleeding
What to Consider Before You Buy
If MET-Rx CLA Tonalin 1000 sounds like an ideal supplement worth trying, consider the following before purchasing:
- There is no guarantee that this diet pill will work as the manufacturer claims.
- There is insufficient clinical evidence to prove that CLA offers effective support for weight loss, fitness or bodybuilding.
- Side effects are possible.
- CLA is not safe for everyone. If you have an existing medical condition, are taking medication or herbal supplements to treat a health condition, or if you are pregnant, nursing or planning on becoming pregnant, you should consult with your doctor prior to taking MET-Rx CLA Tonalin 1000.